- This event has passed.
2021 Junior Nordic
January 30 @ 1:00 pm - February 27 @ 2:30 pm
Participants must be KNSC members and at least 5 years old.
2021 Junior Nordic Information:
THIS YEAR will be different from other years to ensure safety for all during the pandemic – so please read carefully.
We will have 3 LOCATIONS
Please Register your children for ONLY ONE LOCATION and only go to that one location for the entire season.
Roger’s Loop limited to 20 registrants
McNeil School limited to 30 registrants
Lookout limited to 50 registrants
COST: $25 per child for all weekends ( you must also be a 2020/21 KNSC member)
COVID MITIGATION PLAN:
- Everyone attending Junior Nordic (parents, coaches, kids) must wear masks/face coverings the entire time- that cover both your nose and mouth. NO mask NO SKI.
- Parents must screen your children before you come and DO NOT come to practice if your child has any of these symptoms:
- Fever or chills, Diarrhea, Cough, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath, Fatigue, Loss of Sense of smell, Headache, Muscle or body aches, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting
- Also DO NOT come to practice if any one in your family has had:
- Contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you or someone in your household awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
- We will have 5 kids per coach (max 7 kids).
- No Cookie tour, this year we will sort the kids into groups the best we can based on what group they were last year or guessing and hand sort from there
- Keep EVERYONE at least 6-10 ft apart, all activities are outdoors, nothing inside.
- NO sharing snacks or drinks.
- Coaches use parents helpers only if needed, less people in group the better.
- No hot chocolate, no bonfire or hanging afterwards, and sorry NO sled rides with John
Click Here to REGISTER ONLINE for the Junior Nordic 2021 Season!
(NOTE: you must be a member of KNSC & ‘logged in’ to sign up for the Junior Nordic program)
Step 1: Click link to join KNSC at family level-when joining as family, you put in one person’s name, then add all the family members later
Step 2: Add all family members into database
Step 3: Register under Programs-Junior Nordic tab
Step 4: Check email for updates as the season progresses.
For more information on Jr. Nordic, contact Kathy Sarns at knscJuniorNordic@gmail.com or 907-435-7375
For help with registration, contact Derek Bynagle at email@example.com
Thank you so much for your support of the club,
The Kachemak Nordic Ski Club
Kachemak Nordic Ski Club fosters a respectful and inclusive environment on our ski trails and during our events. Kachemak Nordic Ski Club welcomes all to enjoy the delights of winter skiing in a safe, fun, and positive atmosphere.