- This event has passed.
Eastern Peninsula Ski Challenge
February 22 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Is to ski all five beautifully groomed scenic trails on the Eastern Kenai Peninsula, driving between areas and ending at Sunrise Lodge, Cooper Landing. The estimated total distance is about 24.5K but this is not a race. People in training can ski more, others may ski less.
The Eastern Kenai Peninsula Ski Challenge is a fun event for all age groups and skill levels. Participants can skate ski, classic ski or snowshoe. Starting together at Bear Lake at 10:00am, participants ski around the lake and then drive themselves to the next venue. At Divide Ski Area, participants ski all loops before going on to the next area, Trail River Campground, and so on. The estimated total ski distance is about 24.5K. Skiers are encouraged to spend no more than 45 minutes (one hour at Bear Lake) at each ski area. People in training for longer events such as the Tour of Anchorage, can ski more laps, while others may ski less or even skip some ski areas.
- Bear Lake, mile 8, Seward, 8.5 K – START on Old Saw Mill Drive at 10:00am
- Divide Ski Area, mile 12, Seward Highway, 3K
- Trail River Campground, 5K
- Quartz Creek Trail at Crescent Creek Campground, 3K
- Russian River Campground, 5K – FINISH by
Go to Sunrise Lodge for Wrap-Up Event
Keep in Mind
- Carpool if possible
- Ski at each area for about 45 minutes or less in order to finish by 5pm
- Bring your own water, food, change of clothing and money for end meal