KNSC 2020- 2021 Events Calendar
Note: All ski races and events are being evaluated this year as the safety and well being of our members are of utmost concern. Tentative dates are listed here. Current CDC Health Guidelines and local COVID infection rates will be monitored and used to determine if events will be held. Meanwhile, we encourage everyone to be safe, get outside, and enjoy the trails!
- Oct 19th- March 6th: Homer Nordic– Oct 19 – March 6th.
- Jan 30th – Feb 27th: Junior Nordic Program: First session on Jan. 30th @ Lookout, Roger’s Loop, and McNeil. 1-2:30pm.
- 11th: Annual Meeting, Potluck, and Auction: Wed, Nov 11, 2020 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM (AKST)
- 21st: Ski and Winter Gear Swap: This year the ski swap is going virtual! Join the Facebook group KNSC Ski Swap to post your equipment for sale, find equipment listings, and get gear for the trails! (It’s usually @ Homer High School, but not for 2020. Find great gear, sell your gear, get your skis waxed, and register and pick up skis for Junior Nordic)
- Equipment Committee Meeting: TBA
- Groomers Clinic and Refresher: Date and time TBA @ Lookout Mountain Maintenance Building. This is an important review/ refresher for all KNSC groomers and an opportunity for those interested in becoming a groomer to sign up and learn the basics.
- 26th: Ski Your Age: Dec. 26th. Time and location TBA
- TBD: Beginner and intermediate skate & classic ski clinic: Lookout Mountain Ski Area.
- TBD: Friday Night Lights: location depends on snow
- 30th: Junior Nordic Program Starts: 1-2:30pm. Locations at Lookout, Roger’s Loop, and McNeil. Sign up for your preferred location.
- 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th: Junior Nordic Program: Saturdays 1-2:30pm. Locations by registration
- TBD: Ski/Walk/Run for Women: @ Lookout Mountain State Recreation Area
- Back-country Film Festival: 7pm @ Homer Theater. Date and Details TBA
- This event has been canceled for this year. You can access the festival online by accessing the Winter Wildlands Alliance website.
- 14th: Wine and Cheese and Wooden Ski Tour: Sun, Feb. 14th, noon-4pm @ location TBA